Idiot is suing Pennsylvania public schools for teaching evo.

News about everything else - From space missions to Half man - Half tree.

Idiot is suing Pennsylvania public schools for teaching evo.

Postby Ceil » 29 Jan 2011, 12:07

Tom Ritter has a dream. It's a grand dream.

Tom Ritter dreams of a day when people recognize that he's more than just a cranky high school teacher, and they realize that all the scientists in the world have been completely wrong, while Truth lives in the sweaty cranium of a harumphing gomer in Lebanon, Pennsylvania.

He dreams of a day when everyone sees that he fills an important niche.

He dreams of a day when people realize that evolution is an unscientific theory, while Jesus is our Principal Investigator.

Ritter dreams of a day when the kids get off of his lawn.

He dreams of a day when modern medicine finally figures out how to remove that stick from his butt. You know, the one with the pointy end pressing against his brain.

He's had these dreams for a long time now, but at last he's got a shot at glory, one chance to maybe have one of his dreams come true.

Tom Ritter is suing Pennsylvania public schools for teaching evolution. Surely this won't make him look like a deranged looney from the sticks, unprofessionally bellowing his rage at a world he never made and never understood? This is his opportunity! Fate can't be so cruel as to continue to foster his reputation as the crazy, creepy chemistry teacher, the Milton Wadams of the Blue Mountain School District who sees evolution as his red Swingline stapler, his object of desire? No, of course not. Because his logic is sound, as strong as anything any creationist has ever come up with.

Evolution is Unscientific1

"The theory of evolution by cumulative natural selection is the only theory we know of that is in principle capable of explaining the existence of organized complexity." -- Richard Dawkins, famous Atheist2

Biology studies organisms. It can also explain how organisms got that way, but studying organisms does not require explaining how they got that way3, and the theory of evolution is bad science.4

Evolutionists cannot demonstrate that three critical points are even possible, let alone that they actually happened:

(1) No one has demonstrated that life can be created from non-life.5 (Reports of artificial DNA do not alter this fact. Life is still required.)6

(2) No one has demonstrated that a new "sexual species" can be created.7 (Since the definition of species is contested, for these purposes it is defined as an organism that can breed with its own kind and produce fertile offspring, but cannot breed with its ancestors.8)

(3) Evolutionists theorize the human brain evolved from lower forms.9 Over 50 years into the age of computers, machines can crunch numbers far better and faster than humans, recognize and use language and tools, and beat us in chess. Yet science has yet to build even a rudimentary computer that can contemplate its own existence, the hallmark of the human brain.10 (Contemplating your existence is best understood as imagining what will remain after your death.) And no animal, no matter how "intelligent," can do this either.11

Ask anyone who espouses evolution if these three points are not true.12

If evolution is unscientific, why teach it?13 Because no Creator means no God.14 In other words, evolution taught without a possible alternative is Atheism.15

Now Atheism rests on an article of faith (A strong belief that cannot be proven but is nonetheless believed).16

Therefore Atheism is a religion.17

And it is illegal to teach religion in the public schools.18

(I am not defending creationism or intelligent design. But evolution has not proven its case, and until it does, saying it is the only explanation for present life is Atheism.)19

1Because Tom Ritter says so, and only about a million scientists know he's wrong.

2And famous evolutionary biologist, but for purposes of Tom's argument, that's hardly relevant, where "relevant" is defined as "conflicts with my claim".

3True Science™requires closing your eyes to questions that might produce answers contradicting True Faith™.

4See title.

5Except that we are pretty sure the world lacked life before it had life, therefore life had to come from non-life at some point. Or perhaps Mr Ritter is also arguing with the Old Testament?

6Similarly, any technology that allows life to be created doesn't count. Therefore this statement is irrefutable! Huzzah!

7See previous unbreakable escape clause.

8Because that would be really icky. If they aren't dead, they're really old.

9For instance, I theorize that a small garden slug crawled into Tom Ritter's ear one day, worked its way into his cranium, and is now rasping away at his motor nerves to evoke strange twitchy responses.

1050 years of computing certainly ought to be able to outperform 4 billion years of evolution.

11Well, obsessing over the imagined fate of a magic wisp of personhood that survives blunt force trauma (or cranial slug invasion) might be the hallmark of the Christian brain, but the rest of us…not so much.

12OK. They aren't true.

13Aside from its explanatory power, the volumes of evidence in its support, its ability to guide further research, its practice by the overwhelming majority of biologists on the planet, and the necessity to understand the principles of evolutionary biology to understand taxonomy, physiology, development, cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, etc., etc., etc.? Well, no, aside from those, there really is no reason to teach it.

14Unless you're one of those wacky theistic evolutionists who think evolution is the mechanism god used to create life…but they're all like Mormons or Scientologists, non-Christians, and therefore atheists.

15This is a sweeping principle that will be expanded to cover other disciplines as well. Teaching auto repair without mentioning a magic car factory in the sky is atheism; teaching agriculture without discussing the angels who tug the shoots out of the ground is atheism.

16Which is also true for every single science, which makes them, by this definition, religions.

17Just like chemistry, physics, agriculture, and auto repair.

18More simply, it is therefore illegal to teach, period, in the public schools. QED. Brains explode. Society melts down. Zombies stalk the streets while rains of frogs and blood predict the End Times. Mission accomplished.

19Wait a minute there…Christianity hasn't proven its case, either. Therefore Christianity is atheism?

Yes, indeed, we're all going to take Tom Ritter seriously from now on! Because filing a federal lawsuit is something only a True Genius™ could possibly do. Next step: Nobel Prize.

Read more: http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011 ... ut_the.php

Oh.. I also found his contact details: Tom Ritter, 570-366-1115, ritterthomas754@gmail.com ( Source: christiannewswire [dot] com/news/4292316061.html )
Image HD
Ceil
God of HD!

Re: Idiot is suing Pennsylvania public schools for teaching

Postby Ceil » 29 Jan 2011, 12:12

When you try and argue with 95% of scientists and 98.5% (I've also seen >99%) of scientists in relevant fields of biology and earth sciences, you get laughed out of court.
Image HD
Ceil
God of HD!

Postby whiteboy » 30 Jan 2011, 03:56

Evolution is a fucking joke dude. Wheres all the caveman skeletons at? There should be millions right? Wheres all the half ape half man skeletons?? Don't show me one stupid skull of some retard.

If we have all these fossils of dinosaurs that lived before or even while man was evolving. Then museums would be full of them. I was in an natural history museum the other day. I saw no such thing, they don't exist.

Has man just stopped evolving? Why aren't we changing physically anymore? Why are animals not evolving? Some stupid fish that jumps out of the water and flies for 3 seconds is supposed to prove evolution.

I've seen studies of scientists who took an unbiased approach and tried to prove creation wrong. You know what happened? They became Christians as they realized that evolution is a complete joke with too many contradictions.

You truly believe that the human body, in all its intricacy was once a one celled organism? That it just grew and grew over what? Trillions of years to become the awesome thing that it is today? Take one single system out of the body. How perfect and amazing it all has to work together. That just happened. Scientists don't want to admit that the bs they have been spewing is not adding up.

Sadly you will find the truth one day. Laugh all you want but it is what it is.
whiteboy

Postby kornflames » 30 Jan 2011, 07:36

Interesting discussion. I love bill hicks on evolution http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baeT3g7udho
Seriously if evolution theory gets disproven ( scientifically ) scientists would be happy, cause they found the answer then ( basics of all sciences )
Creatonism/Bible can not be proven or disproven because it is a belief/worldview.
To debase evolution cause the word theory stands in front of it, is like debasing every axiom mathematics has ( but still plenty of those cannot be disproven and are the basis today for string theory and other related subjects. )

No offence meant whiteboy btw, everyone has offcourse the right to their own opinions/beliefs
kornflames

Postby whiteboy » 30 Jan 2011, 08:09

Yah I really shouldn't even bring it up as I don't want to get offended or offend anyone. Touchy subject here so I will just leave it alone.
whiteboy

Postby Ceil » 30 Jan 2011, 13:25

Not a personal attack, just I have an instinct to correct someone. I'm really sorry.

whiteboy wrote:Evolution is a fucking joke dude. Wheres all the caveman skeletons at? There should be millions right? Wheres all the half ape half man skeletons?? Don't show me one stupid skull of some retard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tr ... al_fossils
Btw, for something to fossilise is a rare event, it takes just the right conditions, hence why we don't see buried people turn into fossils.

whiteboy wrote:If we have all these fossils of dinosaurs that lived before or even while man was evolving. Then museums would be full of them. I was in an natural history museum the other day. I saw no such thing, they don't exist.

Smithsonian has real fossils, many museums have them, I've seen plenty as a child in Sydney.

whiteboy wrote:Has man just stopped evolving? Why aren't we changing physically anymore? Why are animals not evolving? Some stupid fish that jumps out of the water and flies for 3 seconds is supposed to prove evolution.

If a fish jumped out and turned into a bird, that would disprove evolution. Evolution is a slow and selective process. There are not just fossils that prove evolution, geographical distribution and probably the best is DNA, take a gene such as FOXP2 if we look at the letters of difference between species we see how close each are, this works for non-functioning genes as well. Humans and chimpanzees have 3 letters different. If we map the differences it forms a nice tree, showing the common ancestors of each.
To answer the first part, we are evolving, DNA mutations occur all the time and each new child is different from the parents.

whiteboy wrote:I've seen studies of scientists who took an unbiased approach and tried to prove creation wrong. You know what happened? They became Christians as they realized that evolution is a complete joke with too many contradictions.

This may sound like a personal attack, but is just a response to "too many contradictions": http://www.project-reason.org/bibleContra_big.pdf (Warning big PDF)
There are a few things in evolution that are currently being discussed, such as the age of homosapiens, but the core theory remains intact after many years.

whiteboy wrote:You truly believe that the human body, in all its intricacy was once a one celled organism? That it just grew and grew over what? Trillions of years to become the awesome thing that it is today? Take one single system out of the body. How perfect and amazing it all has to work together. That just happened. Scientists don't want to admit that the bs they have been spewing is not adding up.

Our body is not perfect, we succour to illness, disease and even have problems with our own brains. Scientists have a pretty good idea of how we evolved, even things such as the eye (a common argument). Our eye is backwards, with blood vesicles going right through the path of light. We have an appendix, that is vestigial (has no use), which was left over from our ancestors who ate grass.

It's not a touchy subject here in Australia, but I understand in some parts of the USA it is.
Image HD
Ceil
God of HD!

Postby whiteboy » 30 Jan 2011, 13:42

It's not a touchy subject here in Australia, but I understand in some parts of the USA it is.

I guess you live in a Godless country then. I'm going to leave this alone as I will end up getting pissed off.
whiteboy

Postby Ceil » 30 Jan 2011, 20:15

No probs. mate, I still love you (non-sexually).
I give you a peace offering of bacon.
Again, you're a great guy, what you believe doesn't worry me; :cheers:
Image HD
Ceil
God of HD!

Postby whiteboy » 31 Jan 2011, 03:49

Bacon :dielaughing:
Its all good my friend.
whiteboy

Postby mecca30uk » 31 Jan 2011, 14:13

i would just like to add :mg: :stick1:

no i wont, i could contradict a few things whiteboy said, but i wont.

IL say one point whiteboy, evolution, if you believe it, take millions of years, we humans have only been on this planet in some form for a mere few thousand, we are still evolving, you only have to look at peoples height over the last century to see we are getting taller for example.

I am a scientist, however i also see gaping holes in the theory of evolution.

I have my own theories, but they are just that theories.

even evolution itself is only a theory, backed up by the best data the best scientists can give us, however it is only the best theory we have on offer, apart from of course God.

It is very easy to believe that there is a god, and i fully understand why people who may not be scientific minded believe in it, i mean I'm totally atheist, BUT i feel theres more to evolution and the progression of man especially that warrants more research.

IL just quickly tell you why i think evolution is wrong, and Ive argued this with the scientists where i did my geosciences degree.

you can, with breeding make a human taller, by getting women to choose only the tallest men to breed with, in 100 years mans height could literally reach 8 feet without problems doing this, fact.

My biggest problem with evolution is, even with billions of years to evolve, you cannot change scales or limbs into feathers, no matter how you breed and what with, you cant go from scales or fur to feathers.

The only possible way for that to happen is for a genetic mutation to happen where a fur based creature would somehow be born with feathers, something which certainly can happen, just look at how many changes dogs have gone though from wolves.

However form fur/scales to feathers is another matter totally, and feathers would have to therefore be genetically encoded already into the genes of any given animal.

If that were true then every animal on the planet contains the genetic code to became any or every other animal.

i also believe what whiteboy said was true, why do we have humans, and why do we also have monkeys, apes etc etc, surely we would have all changed together if we were all here at the same time.

the evolutionists get round this by saying there were separate species of apes that went off in different evolutionary directions, but I'm not convinced.

i am of course less convinced about god, as God means we get a simple answer, which i don't believe either, but you can see why so many do, it does answer every question doesn't it.

Until we can 100% prove that every living thing has the genetic ability to become any other living thing, then god will still exist as afar as I'm concerned.

This is also one subject that is guaranteed to start arguments, so I'm trying to word my own response accordingly.

Although I'm an atheist, i cannot tell whiteboy god doesn't not exist, and he shouldn't dismiss evolution just because believing in god answers every question.

this is a big debate, of which none of us can answer, in my mind theres no real merit to debating it at all, your not going to convince whiteboy god doesn't exist, and your not going to convince me that he does.

I do think that science and not religion should be taught in schools though, as science is all based on facts where religion as much as you may protest, is based on stories written by people unknown along long time ago, with no evidence at all.

there Ive tried to stay on the fence a little :cheers:
mecca30uk
The Judge

Postby SpitfireSMS » 01 Feb 2011, 03:46

This is what gets me. Sperm whales still have 5 separate finger bones inside their flippers and they also have HIP BONES where they no longer have hips.
The fact that teachers aren't teaching evolution in class for fear of hate letters from parents is absurd.
Knowledge of evolution and belief in God are NOT mutually exclusive, evolution NEVER species a beginning point and is always open to being proven incorrect like any science.
SpitfireSMS

Postby mecca30uk » 01 Feb 2011, 10:05

Il just add one point, just take a look at the countries where religion above all else is taught.

Africa is a perfect example of a people who havent moved out of the dark ages because they believe in religion above anything else, and why aids is thriving because the pope will not sanction contraception.

The whole of the middle east is bound be religious shackles and most of those countries have not come into even the 19th century.

America is a perfect (sort of ) example of religion and cutting edge science in harmony.

i know there are disputes, but theres a reason america is at the forefront of technology and weapons, and it isnt religion.

Its sceience and places like M.I.T.

religion has its place, but not in the progression of mankind, it stifles ideas and technology, and any country who puts religion foremost will be stuck in the dark ages, as most of the middle east and others already are.

im quite sure that whiteboy and others will argue god created everything, so no matter what scientists build, its because god gave us those materials.

i dont think so, but i can't prove it :mg:

we need time travel :cheers:
mecca30uk
The Judge

Postby willow » 04 Mar 2011, 12:45

We already have Time Travel....
All life has the ability to mutate....
Many facts are based only on what we understand and that is almost nothing....
We evolved enough to use Spirituality as a way to enslave our brothers....
I once saw a girl turn into a cat....
I come from a land where magic mushrooms grow in the garden....
So I often wander if I am still within the trippy walls of youth....
I believe in everything....
But there is so so much more than most of us will ever be able to comprehend....
Like modern religion, education controls thought, progress and individuality but with out it we would still be fighting over berry soup and rat cakes.
The Celts will rise again

willow
Celtic Warlord

Return to In The Know